Orders placed after 12pm on Friday 22nd December will not be dispatched until 5th January 2023
BLOOD ORANGE GIN CHEESECAKE RECIPE
Blood Orange Gin Cheesecake Recipe anyone?? This beautiful recipe features our Ambra Blood Orange Gin and could just be your best crowd pleaser yet!! Here’s the recipe. We’d love for you to try it for yourself and show. Enjoy.
- 50g blanched hazelnuts, toasted in a dry pan until golden
- 1 x 250gm Arnotts Nice biscuits
- 125g melted butter
- 2 x 250g packs full-fat cream cheese (we used Philadelphia)
- 80g caster sugar
- 3 oranges
- 200ml double cream
- 6 gelatine leaves (we used Costa)
- 300ml Ambra Blood Orange Gin, chilled
- Heat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4. In a food processor whizz the hazelnuts until roughly chopped, then add the wafer biscuits and a pinch of salt and whizz to combine. Pour in the melted butter and whizz again to mix. (Or put the biscuits in a freezer bag and bash to crumbs using a rolling pin. Chop the nuts finely and mix in a bowl with the biscuit crumbs, then stir in the melted butter.) Spoon the mix into the cake tin and press down with the back of a spoon. Bake for 10 minutes, then leave to cool.
- Mix the cream cheese, double cream, sugar and zest of 2 oranges in a large bowl. Spoon onto the cool base and smooth the top. Cover and chill in fridge for approximately 30 minutes or until firm.
- Once the cheesecake has set, soak the gelatine in a small bowl of cold water for 5 minutes. Warm 100ml of the gin in a small saucepan with 5 strips of pared orange zest from the remaining orange. Once the gelatine has softened, squeeze out the excess water from each leaf, then whisk into the warm gin. Once the gelatine has dissolved, mix into the remaining chilled gin, then pour over the cheesecake. Leave to set in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
- To serve, run a knife around the jelly on top, then carefully remove the cheesecake from the tin and put on a serving plate